Dry scalps, dandruff, premature aging of hair, split ends, dull and frizzy hair are some of the most commonly experienced hair problems. And while numerous shampoos and hair care treatments that claim to solve all your hair problems are available today, it is always better to resort to natural treatments for hair care. Lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho is of the opinion that the health of your hair is dependent on what you eat and what nutrients reach the roots of your hair.
How to treat hair naturally?
According to Luke, shikakai is the ancient, one of the most natural remedies for hair care that exists today. Shikakai is a plant, climbing shrub that is grown across Asia. The flower of this plant is made into a powder, which mixed is water to form a brown paste that is applied into your hair.
Benefits of shikakai for hair
- Shikakai has a cooling effect on your scalp. It is great for people with a dry scalp. Dry scalp is likely to hold on to a lot of dirt, dandruff, and dead cells. Shikakai can naturally induce secretion of sebum, thereby helping in overcoming a dry scalp.
- Anti-fungal properties of shikakai can help in getting rid of dandruff. Dandruff is a type of fungi that grows on your scalp. The cooling effect of shikakai is great for dandruff and dry scalp.
- If you have an itchy scalp, then shikakai is the remedy for you! Shikakai can naturally heal an itchy scalp.
- Many people face problems with optimum hair growth. Poor eating habits, constipation, and nutritional deficiencies are some of the top causes of hair fall. Antioxidant-rich shikakai can help in fighting the damage caused by free radicals in the body and prevent hair fall.
- Shikakai is rich in Vitamin C, A, E, and K. All these vitamins can nourish hair follicles and facilitate hair growth.
- Shikakai can help you have shiny and smooth hair. People who have hair that constantly entangle with each other can benefit from shikakai. Shikakai can smoothen your hair, detangle it naturally, while also adding volume to it.
- Shikakai can prevent split ends and premature greying of hair. Stress, malnutrition or nutritional deficiencies are the top reasons for premature greying of hair. Shikakai can naturally nourish hair and provide the nutrients it needs.
- Shikakai can help in the treatment of hair lice. Antimicrobial, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of shikakai can prevent the growth of hair lice.
Shikakai is easily available in the markets and can also be ordered online through various e-commerce portals. It is inexpensive and easy to use.